SONOS ARC DOLBY ATMOS ISN'T WORKING ON THE LG CX '55 OLED

• 6 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I CANT SEEM TO GET SONOS ARC DOLBY ATMOS TO WORK ON MY LG CX 55 OLED! 

Whenever SONO ARC isn't connected to my TV, the ATMOS works but it doesn't work while connected.

I've tried everything far as in switching sound mode to HDMI ARC. Putting Digital Sound Out to PASSTHROUGH & I also tried AUTO.
I've tried enabling eARC in my TV settings. I even bought a Ultra High Speed HDMI cord from best buy.

I've tested Disney+ content that supports ATMOS but still isn't showing any signs of ATMOS on my SONOS ARC. I also tried some Netflix content and yes I do have premium but still failed.

On the SONOS app it shows that I'm watching ATMOS content but I'm not getting any signs of it.

Here's a quick video of my problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13mzPM1FALrFwew7DDKWFdHLJGceP0zsa/view?usp=drivesdk

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you using your TV’s internal apps? What specific content are you testing and from what app? After you start the content, when you go to System > About My System > and scroll down to the Arc information, what does it say after “Audio In:”?

I'm playing on the built in TV apps so yes internal. I've tried Avengers End Game on Disney+ and Our Planet On Netflix 

Userlevel 7

You are getting Dolby Atmos via Dolby Digital Plus which is exactly what you want to be getting from Disney+ and Netflix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It looks like the TV doesn’t show Atmos is played, when the TV is sending it to the Arc. Since the Arc is saying it’s playing Atmos, you should hear Atmos.