Answered

Sonos Arc Disable Wifi

• 25 June 2020
  • 8 replies

I just installed my Sonos Arc with Sonos Sub and 2 rear Sonos One SL. I hardwired the Sonos Arc to my Eero router. When I disable Wi-Fi on my Arc setting the Sonos Sub and Sonos one SL will stop working. For them to work all in sync the WiFi has to be enabled. Why did Sonos put and Ethernet connection if it will only work off WiFi. Or do I have to do disable the WiFi on sub and one also to work.. Sub and the Sonos one are not hard wired.. 

Anyone run into this problem? 

icon

Best answer by John B 25 June 2020, 01:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

It is nor a problem. You have turned off the wireless radio on the Arc, making it impossible for the Arc to communicate with the Sub and surrounds.  Turn it back on again. The Ethernet to the Arc will still be used.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I concur with @John B.   I wish in the app they would make that clear.  

I think we all concur on that, MSterling!

I concur with @John B.   I wish in the app they would make that clear.  

Yes. To be fair to the OP, this is the most misleading setting description I have ever seen. I and others have said so many times, but with no effect.

I do that and it works...But when I go on Eero and check my connections it shows Sonos Arc is on wifi not wired..very confusing...any thoughts

I just installed my Sonos Arc with Sonos Sub and 2 rear Sonos One SL. I hardwired the Sonos Arc to my Eero router. When I disable Wi-Fi on my Arc setting the Sonos Sub and Sonos one SL will stop working. For them to work all in sync the WiFi has to be enabled. Why did Sonos put and Ethernet connection if it will only work off WiFi. Or do I have to do disable the WiFi on sub and one also to work.. Sub and the Sonos one are not hard wired.. 

Anyone run into this problem? 

I do that and it works...But when I go on Eero and check my connections it shows Sonos Arc is on wifi not wired..very confusing...any thoughts

I concur with @John B.   I wish in the app they would make that clear.  

Eero may be reporting incorrectly. In the Sonos app, in About my System, does the Arc have WM:0 or WM:1 next to it? (I am assuming that the Arc is the only wired device.)