Answered

Sonos Arc Clipping/ crackling

• 13 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

So my issue is during setup of my brand new out of the box Sonos Arc there was clipping/crackling coming from the right hand top side of the arc as you face it.

I could hear it during setup before anything was done by me. To best describe the sound that I hear it’s the same as turning your speakers all the way up to the point where you hear the fabric of the speakers ripping. Which in my experience basically means my sonos speakers are clipping. 

The issue is not only did I did hear this on setup which leads me to believe my speakers may be faulty out of the box (very dissapointed).  But I also hear it when using the TV as normal and also when using the speakers at all for anything. Granted when the sound is turned down it cannot be heard unless I walk up to it an inspect it, and the intensity of the clipping varies based on what’s being played. But irrespective of this I know this sound should not be there and it sounds like one physical speaker is damaged. 

Is there a fix for this? or is this something I have to speak to sonos about interms of issuing a replacement?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 June 2021, 12:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I would perhaps submit a system diagnostic report and make a note of the report reference and then contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff via this LINK.

@Ken_Griffiths Thanks for this I’ve just spoken to them and will now be issued with a replacement. 

Lets hope the next one is better!