Sonos Arc Central Channel

• 16 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,
a few days ago I bought a Sonos Arc and I completed my 5.1 setup (I already owned a pair of Ones and a Sub). I am very satisfied with the general quality of the audio and I have already performed the TruePlay procedure using an iPhone 13 Pro. The only problem is that the central channel, relative to the voices, is always a bit low. I tried to redo the TruePlay tuning with another iPhone (7) and also to redo it focusing on the area where I sit to watch TV, but the situation changes little to none. Arc is connected to the tv via eARC and the tv passes the dolby digital signals correctly. Why Sonos, despite all the requests from the community, does not allow us to adjust the center channel volume?
The NightMode and Speech Enhancement functions improve the situation, but they are only palliatives that "ruin" the overall equalization. With the old system I owned, I could adjust the volume of the center channel. It was enough to set it to +3 to solve the speech comprehension problems. Why Sonos doesn't implement such a necessary feature? Please Sonos listen to us !!!

Thanks everyone, greetings

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Perhaps see if this Sonos feature/link may assist you:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4796

edit: Ah I now see you’ve tried it - but maybe try it with adjustments to your EQ too (with loudness setting either ‘off’ or ‘on’). Hope you find a setting that suits the way you hear the TV audio channel. 

Userlevel 1

Perhaps see if this Sonos feature/link may assist you:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4796

edit: Ah I now see you’ve tried it - but maybe try it with adjustments to your EQ too (with loudness setting either ‘off’ or ‘on’). Hope you find a setting that suits the way you hear the TV audio channel. 

Hi, I have already made these attempts. The problem is never completely resolved. Maybe it improves a bit, but to really fix it it would be necessary to be able to increase the volume of the center channel. It is possible to do it with rears and upfiring, why not with the central one? It makes no sense not to be able to do it!