Answered

Sonos Arc + Apple TV + LG 65EF9500 DD+ Not Working

• 4 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone, I’ve read through the forums and haven’t been able to find a solution to my problem. 

I just installed the Sonos Arc, connected to Arc (not eArc) HDMI Port 2 on the back of my LG 65EF9500 TV. Apple TV is plugged into HDMI Port 1. I cannot get Dolby Digital 5.1 to pass through from the AppleTV to the Sonos, the App consistently says “Stereo 2.0.” 

I’ve tried setting the AppleTV Audio Format > Change Format to Dolby Digital 5.1 and still get Stereo. 

TV Sound Out settings are set to Audio Out (HDMI ARC), with Digital Sound Out - both PCM and Auto didn’t make a difference. 

Has anyone been able to get this combination of devices to work consistently and if so what is the ideal configuration on the Apple TV and LG 65EF9500 TV?

Thank you,

Ivan

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 5 August 2020, 23:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ivantodorov.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining your concern, and I would be more than glad to assist you to get this figured out.

Can you please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number. It can help identify what is causing your issue.

Some TVs do not support Dolby Atmos audio even if the source device (e.g.Apple TV) does. In most cases, the TV will re-encode the audio to Dolby Digital 5.1.

You can check this article that outlines the main factors that determine if your Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio. 

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.