Answered

Sonos Arc and Samsung Remote

• 26 November 2020
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

HI, I had the Sonos Arc installed a few weeks ago. I am trying to use the TV Samsung remote to control volume, but I can’t. 

I can only do it from the app. 

My wife is getting nuts. 

Should be pretty easy. Sorry for asking. Thanks for your help.

Best

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 November 2020, 16:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Perhaps this might help?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3444?language=en_US

Many thanks. Much appreciated. 

I had read this already, but I get stuck on step 3 

“Before we add the Sonos home theater speaker, you will first need to complete the remote set up for your cable, satellite, or Blu-ray player. Select New Device and choose the device you’re adding”

I don’t have any cable. satellite or Blu Ray player. All is seamless theoretically. However, there’s a list for Home Theater systems, and Sonos is not included. 

Again, many thanks.

I only have the TV and the Sonos ARC connected with optical cable

I am having the same issue. ARC VIA HDMI worked until a recent Sonos update. I had to switch to optical and I can’t get it working. Very frustrating. 

Userlevel 1

HI, I had the Sonos Arc installed a few weeks ago. I am trying to use the TV Samsung remote to control volume, but I can’t. 

I can only do it from the app. 

My wife is getting nuts. 

Should be pretty easy. Sorry for asking. Thanks for your help.

Best

General - external device manager - input signal plus - turn on for the hdmi arc port (hdmi 4 in MY case). Volume works fine but both CEC AAAAND input signal plus on the relevant port have to be enabled.