Answered

Sonos Arc and Samsung One Remote issues

• 31 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m having some very annoying issues using my Samsung One Remote from a Samsung Frame 2020 TV with the Arc. It worked perfectly basically out of the box for the first 3 months and now all of a sudden the Samsung remote won’t change the volume for the Arc. When pressing the volume up or down it will still display the (HDMI-eArc) notification on the TV but no + or - signs and doesn’t adjust the volume. I’ve seen threads suggesting to go to the universal remote settings and add a new home theater device as Panasonic, that’s been hit or miss for me and when it does work it’s only been for about 24 hours then I’d have to set it up again. I’m just looking to get the remote working how it worked out of the box on day 1. The Arc is connected via HDMI to the eArc input on the Samsung Frame. Hopefully someone has some ideas. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 31 May 2021, 17:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try following the steps in these two articles:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3444?language=en_US

https://www.support.com/how-to/program-a-samsung-remote-to-control-a-sonos-speaker-12733

If this doesn’t work, disconnect the Arc from your TV and unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes. Plug the Arc and TV back in, make sure Anynet+ is enabled, and redo the TV Setup process in the Sonos app.

Badge

I’ve tried both of those articles but they haven’t worked, I don’t think they apply to me since they both specify the arc needs to be connected via optical cable. I unplugged everything and let it sit for a bit though, and it seems to be working now, hopefully it lasts. The only thing different is when I change the volume now, the screen just shows Receiver(HDMI), not, Receiver (HDMI-eArc), like it used to, but I’ll look into that further when I’ve got a chance. I’m just happy I can control the volume again. Thanks!