Sonos Arc and Oppo 203 - DTS

• 11 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi. I have the Oppo 203 and just received Arc. Due to DTS issues I previously had a 2x1 Toslink Audio Switch that I could toggle to play DTS movies in Dolby 5.1 from the Oppo.

Other than using the Optical adaptor and manually swapping the HDMI cable everytime I watch a movie in DTS any other suggestions on settings on the Oppo player that will limit output from HDMI cable to Dolby 5.1.....there's no obvious menu selection on the HDMI output settings. TIA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @BW_falkirk.

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this interesting topic to our attention.

We do not recommend connecting Sonos Home Theater Speakers to any third party products such as what you have mentioned above. Our Home Theater speakers were designed to be connected directly to the TV via the cables it came with. However in your situation that the video source is coded to DTS which Sonos does not support, we do not have experience or expertise in operating or navigating through an Oppo 203 Blu ray player however some of the members in this community might have.

Let’s try to reach out with other members and see what is their feedback on this.

Let me know if you have further issues or concerns.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So you need the sound form optical out of your Oppo to reach the Arc via the TV?On my old TV I used an audio extractor/embedder for this purpose, made by Lindy (https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0746K9BNL?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details, currently out of stock).

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi

I have the OPPO 203 also and a fair amount of DTS 4K discs which I was disappointed to find would not work with the Arc. I am hoping that is Sonos do the LPCM fix that might solve our issue. However it appears that Samsung disc spinners and Xbox will transcode DTS to DD “on the fly” so I have picked up a Samsung M9000 on eBay to try as it was the cheaper option to xbox (£300 second hand) so when it arrives I will be trying that as when I tried the optical via OPPO I could not get any other than DD2.0