Answered

Sonos Arc + Amp (Sonance Wall + Sonance Ceiling) + Sub

• 17 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I am trying to achieve an atmos setup in living room area. I have the Sonos Arc, Sub (gen 3) and an Amp powering rear in wall sonance. I believe that this will achieve the 5.1.2 system ? 

I would like to know if I add additional pair of sonance in ceiling speakers to the same amp, will this still achieve the dolby atmos or is it unnecessary to have the ceiling speakers ? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 June 2023, 02:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

With your current setup, you have the maximum amount of speakers in the home theater room that Sonos will allow. You can group another pair, and they’ll play with at least a 75ms delay, but they can’t be bonded to the home theater room. 

The Arc already has upward firing Atmos speakers that will play with Atmos content. You could increase the affect slightly by replacing the in ceiling surround speakers with Era 300s, but I am not sure the effort is worth the change.