Question

Sonos Arc

• 28 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have a few questions regarding the Sonos arc and connectivity. If anyone could help that would be great.

. Can you use the Sonos arc (at all, Luke will there be any sound) if your TV only has and ARC HDMI connection and not an eARC?

. Can I use an optical cable instead of an HDMI connection to link to TV/Projector?

. If I decide to connect to my projector which doesn’t have either ARC or eARC connections will I get any sound?

. My projector will be over the other side of the room which is around 3.5/4m in length, assuming I have to run a cable round my skirting board would this still connect OK or will the signal of the cable be interrupted? 

All help appreciated,

Cheers,

Gary

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @GaryH13, thanks for reaching out and for bringing this up. About your questions on the Sonos Arc. Sonos Arc supports playback of Dolby Atmos audio via Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby TrueHD. Sonos Arc must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. So it should work being connected to HDMI Arc port. You may check this article about TV requirements for Sonos home theater speakers for more information. For connecting a projector to the Sonos Arc, It is not a recommended setup since there may be a noticeable delay or lag in the audio on the projector. If you want, we can also wait for suggestion and feedbacks from other Sonos community users who may have the same kind of setup with a projector. 

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.