Question

Sonos 5.1 with Samsung QLED QE65Q9FN and Netflix on Nvidia Shield Android TV

• 1 August 2019
  • 0 replies

It is well known that the Shield TV won't downsample Dolby Digital Plus from the Netflix app to regular Dolby Digital, so many people (myself included) cannot get a Sonos 5.1 setup working properly with certain apps on the Nvidia shield.

I am wondering if a new TV with better audio passthrough capabilities will solve this problem for me. Specifically, I am looking at the Samsung QLED QE65Q9FN, which according to rtings is supposed to have 5.1 dolby digital passthrough via optical (see https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5-1-surround-audio-passthrough).

Does anyone know if a Samsung Q9FN TV will actually downsample Dolby Digital Plus from the Nvidia Shield and pass through regular Dolby Digital to Sonos? I would be grateful to hear experiences from anyone that has this setup (Nvidia Shield TV with Netflix --> Samsung Q9FN --> Sonos 5.1)

I should have mentioned that I have a Sonos Playbar 5.0 setup with two Play:1s as rear speakers. No Sub.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.