Sono’s Beam crackling with voices at high volumes on tv

• 15 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
My Sono’s Beam is crackling occasionally with voices at high volumes on tv.

It seems to be certain frequencies because it’s consistent with when certain people are talking on tv shows/movies. And continues with the same persons.

I’ve experimented with speech enhancement on/off, trueplay on/off, eq adjustment, etc. only thing that directly solves the problem is volume level

It’s only when I turn the Beam to 60% or more volume the crackling starts, but that’s how I like it (I also have a sub hooked up).

So my choices are either 1)don’t listen loud, or 2)listen loud with crackling.

Anybody have any advice? Trading in the Beam for the Playbar or playbase wouldn’t be wise as they are so old..

**For reference I also have 2 sonos one’s hooked up next to the tv, in a different group labeled ‘surround’, so I can turn that on to raise volume. I plan on swapping those with 2 new play 5 when the new version with Alexa comes out, and using the ones as surround.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, lovewillrule1023. Thanks for posting. Typically when users describe problems regarding audio quality, I recommend giving our support technicians a call. That way they can work with you in real time to determine if the device needs to be replaced.

Thanks again!
Badge +1
Did you get to the bottom of this? I think this might be the same issue I was having with mine before it was replaced
Same issue. Any solutions yet? Diagnostics #1702795197
Badge +1
I had mine replaced but noticed the replacement had the same issue. Because it was intermittent I decided to hang fire and see if an update fixed the issue. And for me it did. Have you checked your Sonos has the latest software installed?