Answered

Solution for extension of the TV sound?

• 14 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Good day!

I need a solution for my situation. I have quite long living/dining room with TV LG C9, which is located in the living part, but is turnable to the side so you can watch it as well from the dining side of the room. I’m watching it 50/50 from from living and dining, but when I’m in dining part I can not hear well the TV. I tried first to solve it just by adding Bluetooth speaker to the dining part, but my TV does not support simultaneous output to external speaker and own internal speakers. At this point I came to Sonos and thought that I have a solution - I purchased ARC+Sub for TV in living part and Move for the dining part of the room. I thought that they will be paired, so I will have good sound from TV through ARC+Sub in the living part and the same sound through Move in the dining part of the room. But it appears that this setup can not be paired for TV sound. I can pair it manually to play the music and it plays well in all parts of the room, but not the TV sound. So it is a bit frustrating and I’m  even thinking to return everything back to the shop…

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to solve my problem: which setup/combination of Sonos products can duplicate the sound output from TV in two parts of the room?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 14 November 2020, 12:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

The default setting in the Sonos App is to break the TV from any group but it is possible to group your Move with the Arc when watching TV, however there will be lip sync issues on the Move.  Have you thought about mounting the Arc on your TV stand so that when you change the direction of the screen, the Arc moves with the screen? See this mount as an example.

Is a lip sync an inevitable problem in case of grouping of Arc with Move? Want to try it anyway… please advice how to do it? In the app I could not find a way how to group them.

Thanks!

regarding the solution with the mount - unfortunately it is not possible. Already installed TV with Vogels next 7356. So no chance to change it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is a lip sync an inevitable problem in case of grouping of Arc with Move? Want to try it anyway… please advice how to do it? In the app I could not find a way how to group them.

Thanks!

After the TV has started just select the System icon, (Middle icon on the bar at the bottom of the Sonos App) select the Arc and then add the Move by selecting the up arrow icon. 

regarding the solution with the mount - unfortunately it is not possible. Already installed TV with Vogels next 7356. So no chance to change it.  

The link is for just the mount for the Arc which you attach to your TV bracket, you don’t need to change your existing TV bracket. :)

Great, your solution worked for me!

After syncing, I did not hear lip sync. 
So, will keep everything as it is. 

the mount is not an option because the max weight which vogels mount can carry is 30kg, and the TV itself weights already 25kg. So adding Arc to the mount will exceed the limit.