Smaller Sonos PlayBar

• 12 June 2013
  • 8 replies

Smaller Sonos PlayBar for those with smaller TV's and rooms - and partners who don't like technology dominating the room!. Say one with 5 speakers and around a half metre wide would be good. I know it's a compromise but it would still vastly improve the sound quality of a TV's speakers and the (most important) separation of action noise over speach.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I wouldn't mind the playbar, but I don't have space for it where my TV is. I've got a 37in TV placed at an angle to fit into an alcove. The playbar unfortunately would be too big for me. I'd love something smaller. I think the best alternative would be to go back to the old model (which I currently have): 1 central speaker, 2 front speakers (left + right), 2 back speakers and 1 subwoofer. I feel it would be very easy for Sonos to support this; it could be done with current and future hardware but needs a software update.
Userlevel 1
I'd love a smaller one too, the current playbar won't fit in my tv unit.

Paul 
It would be nice if the where a "minibar" like a third of a playbar with spdif input, to be used as center and surround along with a pair of play:5 as front. And a sub
I want to add to this call for this product. The playbar is a great great product. It works perfectly 100% odd the time. (I have had similar devices before that just did not). For the smaller rooms though we definitely need a smaller version with the same functionality.
Great Idea, I already have a surround hifi setup but in my bedroom. could do with a smaller Sonos PLAYBAR to play stuff through the TV and XBOX. It should also have extra optical inputs sources and not just one connection.
I totally agree also... the existing offering, although awesome, is a beast.  I bought it on a whim and had to take it back to John Lewis and pay 10% as my penance for a rash purchase! (due to the board of approval not agreeing to the size)
My livingroom isn't that big, nor is my TV... it's on a stand in the corner... so all in all a playbar just will look stupid, it's far to big... I don't need it to be that big... a single Play:1 in my room sounds great, so a 9 speaker sound bar is far too much... One that's half the size would be great.

All I want to do is have my TV sound coming out of my Play:1s... and having to buy a very expensive bar that's too big for my room sucks quite a lot... if there was a half size one I'd buy it instantly.

As for the ugly and massive sub... that's never going on my shopping basket. Maybe a small one that looks nicer would...
I think Beam is the anwer to my 4year old request. So i bought one and it works just as i expected.Great work