Question

Sky Q lip sync / earc / Sonos Arc.

• 9 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello.

Getting really frustrated with the ARC.  I have Sky Q 2tb box.  An LG OLEDB8 so no earc.  Lip sync issues.  I have tried the delay settings in the arc and the sky box but they are all plus..  I need a minus 20ms delay or something,  You buy a £700 soundbar something like this should be easily fixable.

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have the same set-up and sometimes experience lip sync issues but with me it is channel specific and intermittent - Sky news is probably the worst.

I've always associated this with Sky Q as I also have an Amazon 4K TV box on a different HDMI port and have never experienced the issue there.

All it needs is a minus delay option in the sonos software?

All it needs is a minus delay option in the sonos software?

So Sonos needs to reproduce the audio before it’s even received it from the TV? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

There is nothing Sonos can do to solve this for you. Many TV’s pass on the audio with some delay and there is nothing Sonos can do to solve this. I have a high end oled tv with the same issues and put my money on the Arcana from HDfury. This should eliminate all lip sync issues.