Should I upgrade?

• 25 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Currently I have a samsung qled 4K 75 inch tv with a Sonos beam and sub.
Pros- I like being able to control my sound with tv remote and I don’t use Alexa.
Cons-The sound is great don’t get me wrong, just doesn’t give the theater experience I hear with the play bar.

So my question is should I exchange my beam for the playbar and sub and would I still be able to just use my tv remote or should I keep the beam and sub and add a couple smaller speakers???? My goal is to get more true surround sound quality.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

To help clarify. Keeping the sub no matter which setup. The room size is 15 feet by 15 feet. The small speakers I would add is two rear play 1s. Thanks in advance. Can’t wait to hear feedback as I have been going back and forth on this for weeks 😃
Userlevel 7
Hi Matt55555

Yours is a mixed option question.

Yes, adding rears to the Beam will improve the overall theater sound experience. No it will not increase the front stage presence of L/C/R.

You can add a Playbar or Playbase without adding rears and still increase the front stage presence L/C/R.

You can add a Playbar or Playbase with Rears and achieve the full-on HT effect that Sonos has to offer.

Yes, you'll be able to use your IR TV remote in any of the above

Note: In any scenario your TV has to be capable of passing DD5.1 over optical. You might also consider using Trueplay if you have (or can borrow) an iOS device.

Cheers!