setup beam and two 1S speakers to play tv audio

• 15 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Beam connected to Sony tv with optical cable

2 S1 s set as surround.

worked great with cable tv. Not so much with streaming services ( YouTube tv, Hulu…)

can I set the beam and 2 speakers up to broadcast the tv audio?

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Your profile shows you have a Beam and Play 1 x  2.

Here are your options to bring everything together (kind’a)

1. Beam bonded with Play 1 x 2 as surrounds
  2. Beam as a room 
  3. 1st Play 1 as a room *
  4. 2nd Play 1 as a room *
  5. Play 1’s paired together as a stereo pair *

I suggest you contact the streaming service tech support regarding audio or you may need to upgrade your subscription. Free options for streaming services will offer a lower quality audio.

* Sending TV audio to Play 1’s in these configurations will introduce a 75ms delay to those speakers

Note that a significant amount of YouTube videos are in stereo, and wouldn’t normally be feeding anything to your surrounds. YouTube TV is a different creature, though. I use Hulu, too, and the programs that are in Dolby Digital do send data to my surrounds, those in stereo do not. 

Is there a way to control the volume of all speakers (beam and 2 play1) with the tv remote?

Userlevel 7

Is there a way to control the volume of all speakers (beam and 2 play1) with the tv remote?

Not when they are individual rooms. The volume of Beam and two Play1’s can only be controlled simultaneously by TV remote when the Play 1’s are bonded as surrounds.