Answered

Settings on Apple 4K TV for 5.1

• 11 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Hey guys

Just picked up at ATV 4K and I cannot figure out the settings for it to pass 5.1. I have it hooked up to a Samsung Q7F QLED tv. My Xbox one and PS4 are having no issues with 5.1. When I go into setting on the TV it will not let me select Dolby. I have tried different cables and inputs with no luck. I have Dolby 5.1 selected on ATVs audio output. Anyone have this problem or solutions?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 July 2018, 01:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

On many TVs, and I’m not sure about yours specifically, you can’t select Dolby Digital unless it is being pushed a Dolby Digital signal, which I don’t think the menu screen does. Try playing a movie or trailer and see if the setting is selectable at that time on your TV.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Bruce is correct... Samsung won't give you the option to select Dolby Digital output unless the TV is receiving a DD signal. Watching a movie through Netflix or Amazon on the Apple TV should be in Dolby Digital. Some trailers might only have stereo audio, and that could still be PCM.
I have tried it. Anyone know if direct tv now puts out 5.1?