Screen Mirroing sound problems

• 21 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,
I have a playbar, a sub, and a One. They all work ok with my Panasonic 4K TV every time I use Netflix, TV Aerial, Iplayer and all the Apps, but they don't work when I connect my mobile or tablet to TV. (Screen Mirroring). May someone help me please? I don't want to waste money in getting a Chromecast!

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I am still having the issue, can somebody help me please?
I don't want to waste my money buying a Chromecast or a Dongle!

Thanks
I'm not a Screen Mirroring user, but my initial guess would be that the sound format it is passing to your TV may not match either Stereo or Dolby Digital, which is what the PLAYBAR will accept. So I'd double check the sound settings, both on the TV, and on the device that you're mirroring, to see what they are locked in to for sending to the TV set.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Also what does "dont work" actually mean? Screen mirroring uses a ton of Wi-Fi bandwidth so if the connection is dying it could be RF interference. If the connection is fine than Airgetlam's suggestion about codecs is likely on the money.
The connection doesn't die at all, as I said the video is on but no sound.