Question

Samsung TV QE55Q70R with Sonos Beam Compatiability Confirmation

• 1 November 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi, i have just bought a 2019 Samsung QE55Q70R TV, and am thinking of buying a Sonos Beam to go with it as I already own two Sonos One’s Gen 2. I see a lot of people in the community have been having issues with lip sync and connecting the Beam to Samsung TV’s. Can anyone please confirm if the Beam has any compatibility issues with the TV I have just bought? Anyone using the Beam with this TV? Last thing I want to do is spend money on some thing that isn't going to work as it should.

Regards, Mark.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I have a Samsung Frame and it will not work with the Sonos Beam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The Specs page on rtings indicates it should work fine: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q70-q70r-qled

It does DD5.1-over-optical-passthru and ARC. Just buy a Beam and try it, you can always return it if you can’t get it to work.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Ive got a samsung and get bad lip sync problems 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Fez33 It would help to know which Samsung we should avoid.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Im currently in email conversation with the president of samsung uk and he says he's got people looking into the problem 

Ik have this combination (beam plus qe55q70r) and IT works fine.. no lipsync problems

Ik use the hdmi ARC. 

But i am curious now if Netflix works in Dolby 5.1 if i buy two sonoS one speakers. Ik think IT should work with ARC but i would like to be sure.