Samsung TV not working with Beam.

• 25 November 2020
  • 3 replies

My sonos beam was working quite happily with my Samsung tv via hdmi arc. It has now stopped. When you turn on the tv there is no sound and the sonos app says there are no external speakers connected. 

The speaker is connected via the supplied hdmi cable. It is also responding to voice commands including using the radio but not the TV. 

This is what I’ve tried so far:

1. Turn tv off for several minutes
2. Disconnect all hdmi devices 
3. Reboot beam
4. Reboot router

Anyone help? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

My sonos beam was working quite happily with my Samsung tv via hdmi arc. It has now stopped. When you turn on the tv there is no sound and the sonos app says there are no external speakers connected. 

The speaker is connected via the supplied hdmi cable. It is also responding to voice commands including using the radio but not the TV. 

This is what I’ve tried so far:

1. Turn tv off for several minutes
2. Disconnect all hdmi devices 
3. Reboot beam
4. Reboot router

Anyone help? 

If you have one, I’d try another HDMI cable as a first option. I assume that the Beam can play music still?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Has the TV received an update that’s turned off the appropriate “use external speakers” setting?

Have tired another HDMI Cable … still not working. 

SONOS shows up on TV source but does not show up on Setting under my TV speakers … all seems rather strange