Samsung TV Audio Drop Out

• 11 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
My older Samsung UN65H7150 tv randomly drops audio to my 5.1 Playbar, Sub & 2 Ones via optical out.

My Setup:
TV: Samsung UN65H7150
Media Player: Nvidia Shield TV via Arc HDMI

I tried an HDMI Extractor from Best Buy (Insignia- NS-HZ340) but could not get audio from the HDMI ports to the extractor. I had to connect the extractor from the Nvidia Shield TV then grab the optical from there but I feel like the sound quality doesn't sound as good as when i'm connected directly to the tv's optical. Spent hours reading through the forums here & haven't found a good solution. Any help is appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

A digital signal can’t be of varying qualities, it’s either there, or not.

I would suspect that the issue you are dealing with is a variability in the type of signal. Take a look at all of the audio settings, for every device, and make sure they are all set to be Dolby Digital. Not Dolby Digital Plus, not DTS, not PCM.
Badge
This TV only outputs PCM or Dolby Digital & Dolby Digital is only available when playing media with Dolby Digital if not it automatically reverts to PCM.
Badge
*Update

I had messed around with some of my TV's developer options to try to get the audio drops outs to stop & this affected the sound. I was able to reset the TV back to factory settings & was able to obtain quality Dolby Digital utilizing the HDMI extractor.