Answered

Samsung QN90B & Beam Gen 1

• 17 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello All! 

I am looking for the best possible audio settings based on my Samsung QN90B, Apple TV 4k 3rd Gen and my Sonos Beam Gen 1. I am using the HDMI to connect the Beam to my TV. 

1. What setting should I select under my Apple TV Audio Format? Change Format > Off OR On with Dolby Digital 5.1 as the new format? 

2. Samsung TV settings - if I select change format on within the Apple TV settings, I get three options under the Samsung TV digital output audio format: PCM, Auto or Pass-Through. if I leave change format off within the Apple TV settings, I only get Auto or PCM. 

Overall, what do you think would be the best settings recommendation for my set up? Note that when I select Dolby digital 5.1 with an Apple TV I feel like I’m getting some lip sync issue. Is that normal? 

Thank you in advance for the help! 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 November 2023, 02:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

On the Apple TV, set Change Format to On and the New Format to Dolby Digital 5.1.

Use these TV settings:

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto or Off (try both settings)

Digital Output Audio Format: Pass-Through