Samsung One/Smart Remote and Sonos Play Bar.

• 25 May 2018
  • 2 replies

I just bought a new Samsung TV, Q8. Unfortunately I'm not able to turn volume down or up with the Samsung Remote. I added the Onkys home theater, since Sonos is not officially supported and after that I'm able to adjust the volume, but only as long as I use the setup box. If I use Netflix or Plex, than the remote stops adjusting the sound. If I switch back to the setup-box it works again. My question: How come Samsung does not support sonos? The Remote may only be bluetooth, but the TV has Infrared and can send the Signal to the Playbar. However it's not everything works how it should be. Does anyone have an idea, is there another way?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
This might help
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3444?language=en_US
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
don't the samsungs come with 2 remotes anymore? my ks8000 came with the smart and dumb remote

the dumb remote uses IR and works flawlessly with the playbar

but as above you need to use the "add universal remote" option in the Samsung menu then your smart remote will use IR to communicate with the playbar