Samsung 2022 NEO ARC, QN85B or QN90B

• 3 September 2022
  • 12 replies

Can someone verify that the 2022 NEO Samsung TVs work correctly with ARC/Beam? I know previous years models did not and people ended up using the HD Fury Arcana. 

I am about to do an install and the client is demanding Samsung, Specifically the QN90B, has anyone tried that model with the sonos arc and/or beam?

12 replies

Hello - did you receive any answer to your question and/or have success with the install.  I am looking at buying a samsung QN90A or QN90B and upgrading my sonos playbar/play3 setup to an arc with the one speakers but there seems to be alot of reports of problems with this combo.

thanks

Unfortunately not, I am installing in December however and will let you know how it goes!

I am also wondering. Want to get a new one for Black Friday since my old samsung doesn’t have earc.

I’ve now had this combo installed for almost a month with no problem whatsoever.

@cflansbaum Did you get the QN90A or QN90B? Just wondering if the Sonos Beam fits underneath without being in the way of picture!

I bought the QN90B, I installed the Sonos Arc a couple of inches below it using the specific Arc mount.

Badge

I have Sonos Beam and Samsung  QN85B and I cannot connect them. It shows up on the TV but no sound. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

I just got the samsung QN85. When plugged into hdmi 3 arc port. A message shows up it is plugged into the wrong port. It auto flip flops between TV speakers and sonos. No sound comes out during sonos...sound comes out when it changes to TV speakers. I did find a temporary solution. I used the sonos optic cable and connected to hdmi. I made the samsung a universal home theater remote with the sonos app...sound comes out and I can control volume when remote is pointed at sonos amp. But my amp is in a rack behind my seated position in a closet, 20 ft away.

Any other solutions?

make sure you select the sonos arc as your sound source in the settings menu - also I seem to remember that I had to change the HDMI-eARC setting to Auto in the advanced section of that part of settings

I did all that (settings menu, expert settings, audio, diagnostic, changed cables.?...i also factory reset it...unplugged everything...reconnected it...mine is the Sonos Amp...i even changed sonos amp to another sonos amp....

Spent a significant amount of time with Sonos tech support. They have a fancy way of facetiming you while "tech supporting." I was appreciative of their time but it could not be solved. Sonos blamed Samsung and ended the call. Samsung tech support blamed Sonos product. Samsung did give me the latest non-published software update. But that didnt help the problem either. I can't return the brand new TV because the box was thrown away....im stuck with using the optical cable/hdmi to the sonos amp and my phone sonos app for volume control.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just saw this thread. We recently purchased a Samsung QN90B, and paired it with our Sonos Arc, sub and surround one’s. Arc is connected thru HDMI ARC on Samsung without issues. We haven’t noticed any problems with our setup so far. 🤞