Question

S2 app, sub and rear play 1’s not working

• 8 June 2020
  • 5 replies

App upgraded to S2 and settings all carried across, except the above will not work. App says wireless network will not support sub or rear speakers but the sound bar works. My router and network settings have not changed so why have they stopped after the app upgrade?

It doesn’t suggest how to resolve it as the speakers work fine when unpaired from the bar and sub. Sonos say that nothing should have changed. 

Anyone else have this problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have very similar problem. Play 1 won’t show on the S2 app. Rest of the system moved over no issues except Play 1. Even tried factory reset with no help. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

I tried doing that today but took more than a hour with no result. Will try again tomorrow but the wait time exceeds 30 mins on phone which is pretty insane. 

Long phone queues would be common things, I’d think, around times when Sonos releases new software. Maybe try the Twitter option in my link? It is 24/7. 

A, I have the exact same problem with S2. I have 6 rooms set up with sonos and everything transferred over to S2 fine with the exception of one room with playbar, sub and Play 1’s. The sub and Play 1’s are showing as not configured. I’ve tried rebooting, connecting directly to the router. And yes, the wait times are ridiculous with support. Let me know if you figure out a solution. I’m not going to put anymore time into trying to fix it at this point as I’m at a loss on what else I could do.