Answered

Roku and Sonos Beam, volume not working

• 21 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have an LG C1 OLED and everything works with the magic remote, and the Roku remote works when I am settings of the LG, however during normal use the Roku remote will not consistently change volume (it does seem to randomly work every 1 in 20 attempts)

Help!?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 24 March 2022, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Perhaps see the answer mentioned in this thread:

Also try toggling off/on CEC in the roku settings too. 

Badge

None of this seems to work.  One thing that may be causing issues is that the Beam is connected using optical.  I think Roku is sending an IR signal, but only in setup screen does it activate volume controls

None of this seems to work.  One thing that may be causing issues is that the Beam is connected using optical.  I think Roku is sending an IR signal, but only in setup screen does it activate volume controls

The Roku remote is probably not using IR, you didn’t mention earlier that you were using optical and for control of volume over that connection, you will need an IR remote - Either use any IR remote,  or perhaps speak to Roku Support to see if their remote can be switched to using IR and see what they say.