Answered

Reciever/Beam

• 1 March 2022
  • 4 replies

I hooked up my cable box by HDMI into Onkyo NR 585 receiver, then HDMI into my TV. From my TV I hooked up my  ARC Sonos Beam/Ones through ARC connection.  I have speakers hooked up directly from my receiver and Sonos speakers out of the TV arc. Sound has a delay from the sonos speakers vs. receiver speakers. Any suggestions on how they can be synced together for sound without the delay???? Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 March 2022, 23:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Check your Onkyo user manual to perhaps see if it supports an A/V lip-sync option and perhaps introduce an audio delay up-to approx. 30 to 40 milliseconds. I think any more than that value, will be too noticeable to live with comfortably.

If there’s no Onkyo A/V lip-sync feature built-in, then you’re going to be out of luck, in which case you need to use one device, or the other, rather than both together.

Ken, I don’t have it or can’t seem to find it in the set up or manual. Thanks so much for your reply!!!

Sonos was not meant to be used with a receiver, especially one that still powers speakers.  It was meant to replace the receiver and front speakers.  In addition to being difficult to sync, the proposed setup will make the front soundstage sound muddy and unmatched in tone.

I know jgatie but thought because of my set up HDMI inputs etc etc, I should be able to do. Thanks for taking the time to respond!!!!