Rear speaker placement

• 3 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone, first time poster

I have the Playbar installed under my tv and decided to get a couple Sonos One's for the rears
My condo rear wall is not straight and one speaker will sit about 20 inches closer than the other speaker
When doing sound check, will the Sonos system know that they are not the same distance and make any necessary adjustments?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sonos does allow for adjustments with speaker placement, but I'm not sure 20 inches is going to make too much of a difference.
Thanks, I just posted a pic of where I want to place my speakers (blue blobs)

I know they are high but will be on brackets that allow 20% decline
Userlevel 7
Hi CCMusic

If you have an iOS device or can borrow one you can use TruePlay to adjust the acoustics to suitable parameters for the room. Read more at the link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3251?language=en_US

Cheers!
I think you'll be fine. During the setup, you will be asked how far back from the seating area you placed them. These look to be around 10 feet back, same as mine.

If you're only interested in sourround sound, you may want to place the speakers on stands right behind your couch. You can probably plug them into the side wall. If you want to use these speakers for full stereo (covering the back area) whem playing music, then I agree with your placement. This is what I do.
Thanks AJ, I have OS and tuned my Playbar with it, I just hoping that it will properly tune when I install my rears.
That is what I want to do as well Danny is play music' I love the sound of these speakers
I bought my GF Sonos Beam and 2 Sonos One's all in different rooms and they sound great
Just hurts the pocket book, but worth it 😉