Question

Rear play:1 speakers play the same audio in a surround sound setup

• 26 December 2018
  • 2 replies

I recently got a playbar and added two of my play:1 speakers as rear speakers (no sub). I am playing DD5.1 audio (each channel plays separately so that they can be easily distinguished). However, the audio from the rear speakers always seems to come out of both and there's no differentiation between them. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be?

I checked what signal the PLAYBAR is receiving at the time of playback by going to Settings > About my Sonos System. Tried playing test track and check the About and it's receiving Dolby Digital 5.1 signal. However, the audio from the rear speakers always seems to come out of both and there's no differentiation between them.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It is probably because the two channels are really indistinguishable for the particular audio you are listening to.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Is it real multichannel audio?
What is the source of audio video?

You are lucky because I would like to have an option for the same with a stereo source.