Question

Random bursts of static from Playbar

• 5 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a Playbar and 2 Sonos 1 speakers connected. Playbar has started to have random bursts of static. Diagnostic code is 8173875.
Thanks,
Frank

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have the same issue. It doesn't happen very often. A single static "burst" but when it starts, it repeats probably once a minute. Switching channels and then back again seems to cure it. Mostly noticeable at night when watching TV. Happens a lot on CNN and when watching some DVR-recorded shows (DIRECTV). I have a PlayBar, 2 x Play 1s and a sub. Playbar connected to internet directly. I will post a diagnostic code shortly after it happens the next time.
We have the same issue! Not a static rather a very deep rumble with static hard to explain
I would recommend doing what EV10SS idid, and what jdstephe said they would do, That is to submit a system diagnostic, and call in to Sonos to discuss. Be sure to do it within 10 minutes of the occurrence, so that there might be information in the diagnostic that helps them identify the issue.