Question

random beeps from playbar..

• 30 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a 5.1 setup with a playbar and 2 play:1 speakers. The playbar (only the playbar) randomly makes a beeping noise. My diagnostic number is 1783705665.

The playbar is connected through optocal to an LG OLED55C9PLA which is only a few months old.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Jerry911.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your situation and it can get quite irritating especially when there is no other sound except that random beep sound. Let me ask some questions to better understand what is going on and thanks for submitting a diagnostic.

• Since when did the issue start to happen?
  • From the start of setting up your Home theater was the sound already there?
  • Just to be clear, when listening to music or watching TV the random beeps seems to happen or only watching TV?
  • Does the beep sound happen when the home theater speaker is not in use?
  • Can we try to unplug and plug back the power cable from the power outlet and the back of the Playbar and observe if the random beep sound is still there?
  • Can we try to move the connection of the Playubar to a different power outlet and check if the beeping sound would still randomly generate?
  • Can we try to follow this guide about wireless interference?
  • Can we please check if there are any other electronic devices near the Playbar and try to move it away from the Playbar and check if the issue is fixed?

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Hi @Paul A thank you for the suggestions. 

• The issue started about a month or 4-5 ago
  • From the very beginning after setup the sound was not there
  • The beeps happen when watching tv. They happen from live cable tv and also from other sources (hdmi)
  • It does not happen when the system is not in use
  • I have tried unplugging the system before, this does not help
  • I have tried a different outlet by now and this also does not help
  • I moved the sonos wifi channel from 6 to 1 but still need to test it
Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Jerry911.

Thanks for the immediate and detailed response. Thanks as well for going the extra mile on trying to troubleshoot for a possible fix.

if after testing the channel change from 6 to 1, I would like to recommend changing it from 6 to 11 as we only recommend 1,6, or 11 as those are non-overlapping channels. If the issue still persists, I would like to recommend testing it via music source and see if the issue also happens when listening to music. If it does, I would suggest calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement.

I hope this also helps.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,