Queue position is lost when switching from music to TV

Userlevel 1
Queue position is lost when switching from music to TV. Now that I have a playbar, I regularly switch my input from music to TV. When switching from TV to music I would like to be able to listen from where I was in my queue earlier, but system doesn't remember.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Mark, This is normal for the controller at this time. I will change the status of your post to Idea so that everyone in the Sonos community can give there support. Thank you Max
Userlevel 2
I'd like this too, in my case when switching back from Radio to Music
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
workaround couldn't you add in another zone with the current playlist. Pause it. Then remove the playbar from the playlist. Watch TV. When done merge the playbar back with the zone that has playlist and should be able to unpause and continue on.
Userlevel 2
Might work if you had more than one Zone (I don't). But surely it shouldn't be that complicated anyway?
Userlevel 1
I did think about doing something like that, but it would just be too hard for everyone in house to remember to do it each time. I'm actually thinking of permanently removing my surround speakers from the playbar, and putting them on a separate zone to play music, just to get around this! I disagree that this topic should be an idea. This is basic stuff that should work so is a bug in my opinion.
Userlevel 2
I'm with Mark on this one. This really should work properly, and if it behaves this way 'by design', then the design is flawed.
Userlevel 1
Bumping this in the hope that someone from Sonos will listen.  The playbar is intended to be used for both TV and music, so surely switching between these needs to be as painless as possible!
Badge
Yes, this would be most excellent.
I bought a Playbase a few days ago and love it, but I'm very surprised to see that this is still an open issue.

I want to be able to switch back to the same position I was in the queue after listening to TV, and it seems it's still not possible even though people have been requesting this feature for years (and that's not the only thread I've seen about this issue).

Is there any hope to see this implemented in the near future?
Badge
Very sad you can't switch inputs and come back to your place in the queue. My Ford can do this. I can switch to Sirius then back to the USB. It remembers what track and the position in the track I was on. Like resuming from pause. And also important, unlike Sonos I don't have to reshuffle. That way I don't hear the same songs again for a LONG time.