Answered

ps5 Sonos beam

• 16 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, I've got a PS5, Sonos beam and LG UM7400PLB, I know that DTS won't play properly unfortunately which is a bit rubbish! But I'm seeing some 4k discs now have Dolby Atmos, how would that play with my system? Would it just play as stereo like DTS does it would it play as surround sound? I know that the beam doesn't do Atmos but just wondering how it would work?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 June 2021, 21:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The Sonos Beam only supports up to Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. So Blu-ray and UHD discs encoded with a Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos track will only play as Dolby Digital 5.1. And you will probably get stereo PCM audio from DTS-encoded discs unless the PS5 can convert a DTS track to Dolby Digital.

Dolby digital 5.1 would be grand, as I know it won't do Atmos. Just wanted to check because it only plays DTS as stereo and the PS5 won't convert it at all. 

Userlevel 7

Just be sure you have your PS5 and TV settings set up to play and pass through Dolby Digital audio to the Beam.

Great thanks.