Answered

PS5 + LG C1 + Sonos Arc - Still no pcm ?

• 22 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi guys, I own a Sonos arc from 1 year. Biggest disappointment for me was not to be able to listen the audio from my ps5 in pcm because for some reason it doesn’t work, and the audio sounds so bad and low volume, and I had to switch to Dolby to have a nice sounds. Is this still a issue today 22 October 2022? It’s the problem my LG C1 OLED ? Or is the arc? Do you have the same experience with other tv brand?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 October 2022, 16:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kurosaki_7 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I assume you mean Multi Channel LPCM as stereo PCM isn’t worth chasing if you’re already getting Dolby. You should be able to play MC-LPCM from your PS5 to your Arc.

Please ensure that you are using the HDMI cable supplied with the Arc. Rebooting the TV by unplugging it from power for at least 1 minute may also help.

Next, please try the following settings on your LG TV (thanks, @Ken_Griffiths):

• Sound -> HDMI ARC (Digital Sound Out = Pass-Through / eARC = ‘ON’)
  • Sound -> Additional Settings (DTV Audio = Auto) / HDMI input format = Bitstream for all HDMI ports.
  • Connection -> HDMI Device Settings (Auto Device Detection = ‘ON’ / Simplink = ‘ON’ / Auto Power Sync = ‘ON’)

If you still have issues after all this, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who go through some real-time troubleshooting steps with you.

I hope this helps.