Answered

PS5 and Apple TV both turn on at the same time

• 30 July 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m not sure if this is the right place. But, when I turn on the power to my PS5, it turn on as well as the apple TV. Same if I turn just the apple TV on. It will turn on my PS5 as well.

Did I connect something wrong from the sonos arc speaker?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 July 2021, 12:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @natemp21 

Thanks for your post!

This will be happening due to the various CEC settings on your devices. On both the PS5 and the Apple TV, look for settings that are along the lines of “turn on the TV when device is turned on” and disable them.

It doesn’t really have anything to do with the Arc - more the sources and TV.

You may need to look at the TV settings as well. Many TV manufacturers rename CEC, but Googling “CEC” and the name of the manufacturer will tell you what your TV calls it. On the TV, it needs to be on for audio to come through the Arc, but there may be some additional settings.

What I think might be happening is that when you turn on the PS5, it turns on the TV, and the TV then turns on attached devices, like the Apple TV. The same will happen with the Apple TV being turned on first. Though it could just be the source devices turning each other on (uh, that sounds weirder than I meant it to).

I hope this helps!

Thank you for your response. I will look at these options and see if I can figure it out.