Answered

PS4 buzzing and sound cuts in and our

• 17 September 2018
  • 7 replies

I have a sound bar, sub and 2 play 1. I just hooked up my PS4 pro and getting a intermittent buzz and the sound will cut in and out, so i turned off the PS4 the buzzing stopped but now the sound cuts in and out on my tv as well
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 17 September 2018, 19:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Jcreps23

How is the PS4 Pro connected to your TV?
Is the PS4 Pro actually powered down or is it in sleep and/or standby mode?

Thanks!
The sound bar is connecting via optical to tv and PS4 pro is connected to tv via hdmi. I even was playing around with the sound settings in the PS4 and every one i tried still the buzzing and cutting out occurred
Userlevel 7
Hi jcreps23

Check these settings in the PS4 to see if this correct the sound issue. Please post back with results.

Cheers!
Changed the setting and on the audio format priority your suggestion cut out , but i tried all 3 and now the buzzing went away but now I’m getting crackeling noise
Userlevel 7
OK...Just for kicks...does removing the PS4 Pro (i.e. by dis-engaging the HDMI cable from the set) eliminate the problem?
Yes i don’t get any crackling or cut out on regular tv just when playing games or watching movies .
Userlevel 7
OK...here are a few options to try with the PS4. Please note that Option 3 will erase all data.

Option 1
1. Remove the HDMI cable from the TV
2. Remove the power cord from the back of the PS4 and then from the wall outlet
3. Wait 2 minutes
4. Plug the power cord back into the PS4
5. Connect the HDMI cable
6. Plug the PS4 into the wall outlet

Option 2
Try another HDMI cable

Option 3
1. Follow the steps in the link

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/sony/sony-playstation-4/hardreset/first-method/

If none of the options work I'd say there is a short circuit somewhere in the PS4. Return it if still in the return window or contact a Sony authorized repair center. Let us know what happens. Good Luck!

Cheers!