Question

PS4 Blu-ray 5.1 sound?

• 22 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I tried playing a blu ray last night and it should have 5.1 audio output but the Sonos app said it was in Stereo 2.0. I tried changing the blu ray (PS4) players settings using the “options” button on the controller and changing from LPCM to bitstream but that didn’t work either… games give 5.1, Netflix via the TV gives Atmos etc… it’s just the blu ray discs via PS4 Pro… My TV is set to passthrough and PS4 (for games) to bitstream (dolby)… I connect the arc to the TV using eARC btw (not optical)… any help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @jayh89.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since your having issue with blue-ray this might give light to your question.

Blu-ray discs commonly use the DTS audio format which is not supported by Sonos. Some Blu-ray players and game consoles have the ability to transcode DTS into a format that Sonos supports, such as Dolby Digital 5.1. Consult your Blu-ray player’s manual or manufacturer for specific instructions and settings.

To know more about this click here.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I tried playing a blu ray last night and it should have 5.1 audio output but the Sonos app said it was in Stereo 2.0. I tried changing the blu ray (PS4) players settings using the “options” button on the controller and changing from LPCM to bitstream but that didn’t work either… games give 5.1, Netflix via the TV gives Atmos etc… it’s just the blu ray discs via PS4 Pro… My TV is set to passthrough and PS4 (for games) to bitstream (dolby)… I connect the arc to the TV using eARC btw (not optical)… any help?

Hey where in the Sonos app do you look to see what it’s currently outputting in