PS4 Audio Delay

• 4 February 2020
  • 7 replies

I have a Beam and two Sonos Ones, and my TV is Philips. If I set up my Playstation to use the "optical" for audio, there is no problem, but as soon as I turn it to HDMI--which is the real dolby one!--there is almost a one-second delay. Any ideas? it is really annoying. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Hello arminh89

I understand that you are getting a 1 second audio delay when using the HDMI connection. I would like to ask when you are in the sound settings in the PS4, which option do you have selected? The recommended setting that should be used is Bitstream.

If it is being used already, can you send us a diagnostic so we can see what the issue is?

I also would like for you to provide for us with the model number of the Tv.

There are two different types of Bitstreams available: Dolby and DTS. Mine is set on Dolby (on DTS there is no sound at all).

My TV is Philips, Model No.: 50PUS6262/12.

@arminh89 

Thanks for letting us know of the model of your Tv. Since we are you have the PS4 set on Dolby, I want to see how the Tv is sending out and decoding the audio signal. Reply back with the diagnostic number while you are playing on the PS4.

And after some time the delay gets worse and worse.

@arminh89 

Thank you for providing the confirmation number. I see from the diagnostic report that the Tv is having problems with processing the audio signal from the Playstation and sending it to the Beam. Do you have another HDMI cable to use? If not, you can try using another HDMI port on the Tv to see if that resolves the issue.