Pros/Cons of Play1,3,5 for surround speakers ?

• 28 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
Planning on getting 2 play1 speakers for surround speakers for use with a playbar and LG OLED TV . Would play 3 or play 5 speakers offer any advantages?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Not sure but I'm perfectly happy with my Play 1's as surrounds. I suspect that the size of your room may be a factor in deterring the best option though.
I doubt that room size matters. Anything more than 1 units for surround sound is overkill and overspending. The only open question here is when full mode is used for music play; whether the higher models do better in this mode.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
You also need to consider the 'form' factor and the aesthetic of having smaller or larger speakers as surrounds. Play1's are much smaller and therefore more subtle on the eye and take up less space.
Badge +1
Years ago with non-sonus equipment, I recall discussion around which way the surround speakers should be pointed. Does that matter anymore?