Problems with the surround setup

• 5 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi! 

Help! I am starting to loose my mind here.

For approx. the last year, I have had the same problem with my surround setup. Every time I try to add the 2 play:1's, it says there were a problem adding the surround speakers, and I need to check my internet connection, and that the products are turned on.

But after this message, it seems in the app like it has been paired. But there isn't coming any sound from the rear speakers at all. 

When I disconnect the rear speakers from the surround setup, they both play music just fine. 

I have tried this a bunch of times, and it seems to work once in a while, but then the rear speakers stop playing after some weeks. 

My setup is the Beam with 2 play:1. 

My router is in the same room, and the brand is "Tecnicolor".

The diagnostic number I created is 1266293371.

I hope you can help 😊

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In the room listing, in System, it should show something like Lounge (+LS +RS) if the surrounds are bonded to the Beam. You will then need to play a Dolby Digital signal to get effects from the rear speakers. This may require tweaking your tv settings to get the correct signal passed through to the Beam. You can check what the Beam is receiving in System / About my System

Sometimes it helps to temporarily use Ethernet cables whilst setting up the surrounds. 

In the room listing, in System, it should show something like Lounge (+LS +RS) if the surrounds are bonded to the Beam. You will then need to play a Dolby Digital signal to get effects from the rear speakers. This may require tweaking your tv settings to get the correct signal passed through to the Beam. You can check what the Beam is receiving in System / About my System

Sometimes it helps to temporarily use Ethernet cables whilst setting up the surrounds. 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

When I go to the System menu / About my System, it says that the audio input is Dolby Digital 2.0. 

But under the Beam, it also says:

Warning, you wireless network doesn't support the use of a Sub or a Surround speakers with Beam. 

But why doesn't it do that? 

I haven't got any other issues with my internet? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do you have the wifi turned on on the Beam? This is necessary for surround. If the surround speakers are connected you need to figure out how to make you TV emit DD 5.1.