Answered

Problem with Fire Stick 4K not playing Dolby Atmos content in movies . . .

• 21 June 2021
  • 4 replies

On Prime Video today I played some content that has previously output Dolby Atmos  (since May 11) on my setup (Fire Stick 4K; Sonos Arc w/One SL surrounds; Roofull HDMIswitcher; HDFury Arcana, firmware .84).

The movies/shows are:  

• The Aeronauts 4K (watched in Atmos last week)
  • Carnival Row 4K (tested Atmos)
  • Jack Ryan 4K (tested Atmos)
  • Suspiria 4K (tested Atmos)

Available audio is only Dolby Digital Plus.  Sonos S2 app now displays Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 instead of Dolby Atmos.

(Still getting Atmos music from the Tidal Music app on the Fire Stick 4K.)

Can someone with same or other setupconfirm this?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 June 2021, 21:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you made any changes to the settings on the Arcana recently other than updating the firmware? What do you have Scaler set to on the Arcana? Try adjusting the Scaler setting to the max possible output signal your TV supports.

Have you made any changes to the settings on the Arcana recently other than updating the firmware? What do you have Scaler set to on the Arcana? Try adjusting the Scaler setting to the max possible output signal your TV supports.

Yes, I changed the Scaler setting for my 1080P Panasonic plasma TV when I first got the Arcana in May. That’s what made Atmos possible on my setup.

Userlevel 7

Is Scaler still set to the proper setting? Each time you upgrade the firmware, the settings go back to the factory default settings.

Yes!  That was it, the SCALER!  So, a reset after every firmware update?  Good stuff to know.

Perfecto Mundo!

Thanks a bunch.

Bucky