Question

Power off Sonos Playbar and sub

• 20 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi all
Im a new user in the Sonos world.
I bought my first sonos playbar and sub yesterday and everything i working perfectly.

I was wondering is the Sonos playbar and sub always powered on or do they go on stand by after a while with no audio signal??

Also is it possible to see what signal input the playbar is receiving through the optical input??

Hope to hear from you :)

Br Jesper

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

They go into a low power state a minute or so after the source material stops. The source type can be viewed by looking at the Playbar entry under Settings>About My Sonos System.
Badge
Thank you, allthough I cant see the source type under settings-> About my Sonos system.
Is it possible to get the Sonos to run on the 5GHz WiFi instead of the cluttered 2.4GHz?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The PLAYBAR is talking to the SUB over 5GHz, but the standard Sonos setup to your network, and from one room to the next, is talking over 2.4GHz . Generally speaking, 5GHz has faster connections, but 2.4GHz can travel further distances.