Answered

Playbase with sub and play 5 pair

• 27 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi all,
Currently I have two gen 1 play 5’s set up as a stereo pair with a sub attached.

I’ve just added a play base to my tv.

My question is while listening to music if I pair my sub to the play base and group my play 5’s will I still get use of the sub with the play 5’s? I know I can’t use the play5’s for tv use and that’s okay. I’ve noticed that when paired with the sub the play5’s sound better and I’m hoping that’s still the case when the sub is paired with the playbase
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 December 2017, 06:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Unfortunately not. The SUB can only be bonded to one speaker at a time. Either your PLAYBASE, or the pair of PLAY:5s.

I saw something recently that led me to believe that it might be slightly easier to switch them back and forth (maybe a couple of less key clicks), but I'm suspecting it's still not terribly convenient. Plus, doing so would reset any TruePlay settings you may have made, each time you switch it.
Badge
My solution - Purchased two subs.