Playbase: No Sound from it when watching a DVD on Blu Ray player

• 31 July 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hopefully someone can help with this issue:
My set up: 1) Sony Blu Ray player (not 4k UHD) connected to new Sony Bravia TV (model: KD55XE7073SU) via HDMI cable. 2) Sky Q Box connected to TV via HDMI cable. 3) TV connected to Playbase via Optical cable
What works?: When watching TV via Sky, Playbase works normally - no probem
What doesn't?: When I try and watch a DVD, the picture is fine on the TV BUT there is no sound from the Playbase at all
Background: All was working fine until I changed my 4 year old Sony TV to a new Sony 4K UHD TV a couple of weeks ago. Nothing else changed so this suggests the problem is linked to the TV or its settings...?
Any ideas please how to fix the issue? Many thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hopefully someone can help with this issue:
My set up: 1) Sony Blu Ray player (not 4k UHD) connected to new Sony Bravia TV (model: KD55XE7073SU) via HDMI cable. 2) Sky Q Box connected to TV via HDMI cable. 3) TV connected to Playbase via Optical cable
What works?: When watching TV via Sky, Playbase works normally - no probem
What doesn't?: When I try and watch a DVD, the picture is fine on the TV BUT there is no sound from the Playbase at all
Background: All was working fine until I changed my 4 year old Sony TV to a new Sony 4K UHD TV a couple of weeks ago. Nothing else changed so this suggests the problem is linked to the TV or its settings...?
Any ideas please how to fix the issue? Many thanks.

Hi Clemscot,

What is the audio output setting for your new TV? It should be set to Dolby Digital for the optical output. If you play a DVD, please submit a diagnostic report while you hear no audio, then reply here with the confirmation number.