Question

PlayBase lip sync is off when using Dolby Surround instead of Stereo sound

• 11 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
If I configure my Xbox One to use Dolby surround with my PlayBase, the audio isn’t quite synced with the video. I can’t get the sync quite right, even adjusting either the TV or the Sonos’ app TV Dialog settings. If I switch it over to Stereo audio, then audio sync is fine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Same for me on my new Xbox One X and was also the same with my old Xbox One. Even using a digital optical audio switch so I can route the sound from the Xbox One X direct to the Playbar and not through the TV first I still get the delay. It's infuriating!!!
If I configure my Xbox One to use Dolby surround with my PlayBase, the audio isn’t quite synced with the video. I can’t get the sync quite right, even adjusting either the TV or the Sonos’ app TV Dialog settings. If I switch it over to Stereo audio, then audio sync is fine.

Are you using the optical out for audio on your Xbox One? If so, try disabling HDMI audio entirely via the settings and see if that helps things.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Are you using the optical out for audio on your Xbox One? If so, try disabling HDMI audio entirely via the settings and see if that helps things.

No, I have to use HDMI audio, as I have multiple devices, and they get muxed to optical by the TV.

No, I have to use HDMI audio, as I have multiple devices, and they get muxed to optical by the TV.

Some users on reddit seem to think the Xbox One might have issues with that kind of set up and it causing audio lag.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2fsyry/audio_synclip_sync_problem/

You might need to look into digital optical switches perhaps? I had the same setup as you and changing things so that I had the audio going directly from the Xbox to my Playbase using optical and via a digital optical switch did improve things somewhat.