Answered

Playbase is no longer working

To whom this may concern,

I had set up my playbase with the TV, 2 Play 1s and the sub. Everything was working until I noticed only the playbase was working. Went to my reconfigure everything and it has stopped working entirely. Will not connect to WiFi and will not even set up. I hear the chime, and then nothing. Please help. Not in a room where I can hard wire the unit. Diagnostic confirmation - 1245882624
icon

Best answer by Keith N 8 March 2018, 01:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you please power down these devices for 10 secs, letting each one complete it's boot sequence before moving to the next device:

- Router
- Any wired network switch
- Any wired Sonos device
- All other Sonos devices.

Now try and add the Playbase back on to your system again.

If this doesn't work then please submit a diagnostic and post the number on this thread.
How do you run a diagnostic test when the playbase doesn’t recognize the wifi? All of the steps were followed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I assume that your other players are recognised? If so, just run the diagnostic as normal from the Sonos App. What colour is the Status light on the Playbase?
The color was a flashing green light. Then hit the sync button and becomes flashing red. I’ve seen flashing orange at times too
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The color was a flashing green light. Then hit the sync button and becomes flashing red. I’ve seen flashing orange at times too

Flashing Red on a previously working player is not good, I suggest you contact Sonos Tech Support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, bryan51. Please submit a diagnostic report with the PLAYBAR plugged into the router using an Ethernet cable. This will help us get a better idea of what is going on with the PLAYBASE and if there are any hardware faults.

Thanks!
Submitted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the diagnostic, bryan51. Seems we will need to replace the PLAYBASE due to faulty components. Would you please send me a PM with the following information:

First and Last Name:
Shipping Address:
Contact Number:

Thanks in advance!
Did anyone find out what’s wrong with the play base I can not connect cause it doesn’t read the WiFi I gues I cannot connect to a router
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
edwardcorea: As I previously posted, you will need to submit a diagnostic report with the PLAYBASE plugged into the router using an Ethernet cable. Be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. Thanks!