Answered

Playbase/Firestick Remote Options..

Got a good deal on a new Playbase for the master bedroom. I exclusively use a Firestick which uses a Bluetooth remote. Since the Playbase is IR controlled and has no HDMI ARC I need a solution for controlling the Firestick and Playbase with one remote. Was curious what you all have found to work best?

So far I kind of like this option..,

Sideclick Remotes SC2-FT16K Universal Remote Attachment for Amazon Fire TV Streaming Player https://a.co/d/fR9KOVr

icon

Best answer by ratty 8 July 2022, 12:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The Firestick remote can already emit IR codes for volume control. You just need to configure it to a suitable TV manufacturer in the Firestick settings then train the Playbase with it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have a Playbase in my bedroom hooked up to a Fire TV which has the same kind of remote as a Fire stick. Like Ratty said above, I had to configure the remote in the Fire TVs setting to work the Playbase. It worked fine :) I did not have to do anything in the Sonos app.

I was under the impression that the Firestick remote would not control the Playbase volume. Thanks for setting me straight :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@JimCali75 - I thought that too when I got the Fire TV but it works a treat. Just set up in the Fire TV/Stick menu rather than the Sonos app

Just set up in the Fire TV/Stick menu rather than the Sonos app

You might need to do both.