Playbase cuts TV sound

• 30 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Ever since I had my playbase (2 years now) it has intermittently cut out the sound from my LG 850 TV connected to the playbase from Optical cable.

I have finally had enough and ran a diagnostic when it did it just now…

Diagnostic code: 1271484801

Can anyone who has experienced similar and solved it give me any hints? 

There is no rhyme nor reason why it should occur as randomly as it does.  I first thought it occurred more when the TV was streaming but now it seems to do it as much when using Sky (although all go through the TV to the playbase anyway)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @AlSimm69.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, the system unable to detect an audio signal from the source and it shows an ‘inactive’ state. It means that the Playbase is not receiving an audio signal from the time that this diagnostic was submitted.

Kindly verify if the audio interruptions happen only when using TV audio, have you tried to test audio playback using a music service?

What source you are attempting to play audio from? Examples: Cable box, Blu-Ray player, Apple TV, built-in TV apps for streaming services

Please try to check and follow the steps in this article that provides common fixes for TV audio interruptions while using Sonos home theater speakers.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report so I can check the system further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Hi Annazel,

Yes it is only ever when using the optical link from the TV.  Never had any problem streaming amazon or playing music directly via SONOS.

Will check out the link thanks!