Answered

Playbase and Panasonic. Remote volume disabled by TV

• 19 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Remote volume disabled by TV.

New TV. Old Playbase.

New Panasonic TV. Setup new panasonic remote with Playbase.

All ok including old panasonic remotes.

Except... playbase sound controls become inoperative on new panasonic remote when TV turned back on.

Reregistered new remote many times which only registers when TV off !!

When TV turned on then the new remote no longer controls sound on playbase. Old remotes still control playbase and tv no problem. All other functions on all remotes work fine.

Is this an optical handshake or bluetooth  clash? 

All kit firmware fully updated.

Seems to be new remote with playbase issue.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 December 2021, 04:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What model TV please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you are streaming music to the Playbase, does the remote work with tv turned on and/or with the tv turned off? 

New remote works 98%. Its just volume and mute fail on new remote when TV out of standby. Old remotes work fine on volume/channels/etc.

New remote registers fine on playbase. All buttons seem ok. Playbase led twinkles properly until TV brought to life  then new remote volume & mute fail on new remote.!

New remote came with new TV. 

If I enable tv speakers then tv volume controls all ok.

Seems the TV takes over the playbase volume control new remote control interface wrongly ?

Maybe  CEC override?

Older tv remotes still control playbase volume no problem. ! ??

Still no response to the request for model of the TV. It could be the TV is overpowering the ability for the IR reader of the Playbase, at times.

If memory serves, the Playbase is not ARC connected, which means CEC can not be an issue. 

It could be older remotes have a stronger IR transmitter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

And no reply to my question: 

If you are streaming music to the Playbase, does the remote work with tv turned on and/or with the tv turned off? 

Panasonic model TX-40JX850B

Will try streaming-only responses..

Thanks all. :)

Guys.. lighten up on the "no response" answers!!!

Thanks all for the questions which all made me think.

Bruce you get the gold star on music streaming! It was overpowering the new remote when I tried streaming with TV off.

I placed a chunk of transparent plastic/resin in front of the TV IR port and the new TV remote volume now works perfect with Sonos but only when TV off !! 

Will try layers of sellotape or similar next.

When I turn TV back on the new remote still fails to control volume through sonos. Old TV remotes work fine.

Thanks all for tips. Some hair pulling out has now ceased. More scheduled for when TV is on.

Happy a happy holiday all. 

Cheers.